Blog Archive

Armed and Dangerous Book 1 and 2 "Links to all chapters"

Below you will find chronological links to all 17 Chapters of "Armed and Dangerous," A G.I.Joe Origins Story.  At the bottom of th...

Friday, November 10, 2017

Winter Storage: My 78 Firebird






     For those of you who do not know me personally, allow me a little of your time.  The picture above is of my 1978 Pontiac Firebird Esprit.  My parents bought this car for me to drive way back in the early 1990s. It has been in my possession now for close to twenty-five years.  Being an ASE certified auto technician in addition to my full time career, the car has gone through a slow restoration, as it was originally my daily driven for close to twelve years seeing rain, snow, sleet and scorching summers.  After pulling the motor, transmission and drive shaft for rebuilding.  I've replaced the exhaust, interior carpet, front floor boards, rear quarter panels, fenders, emblems,etc.  Finally, she made it to the body shop for a full paint job, original GM arctic white.
     Now, she spends the majority of the year under lock and key at my rental property.  Every year for the past three years now, I retrieve her as my summer cruiser in late June or early July.  I attempt to put at least 1000 or so miles on her from July until late October.  This year I managed to keep her active until today.  The weather and temperatures has changed drastically in just the last forty-eight hours and it was time to return her to her winter roost.  It's a sad day returning her to hibernate the winter away, but I will look forward to her return come early summer.  They say you can never go back, that person never knew the joy and memories of continuing to drive your first car decades later.
Cheers!
Drakov

No comments:

Post a Comment