Blog Archive

Armed and Dangerous Book 1 and 2 "Links to all chapters"

Below you will find chronological links to all 17 Chapters of "Armed and Dangerous," A G.I.Joe Origins Story.  At the bottom of th...

Sunday, November 12, 2017

ToyCon NJ November 12th

     So, I took a trip outside of the ordinary today.  I spent a couple hours doing something I haven't done regularly in over ten years.  I visited ToyCon NJ in Parsipanny, NJ, and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised!  It was held at the Parsippany PAL and had close to 200 individual vendors with a ton of vintage and newer collector's memorabilia.  Although not as pronounced as a Philadelphia or New York Comic Con, there was still a number of cosplayers on site.  Mostly Star Wars cosplay with a Cobra Commander thrown in for good measure. 
     The vendor's tables were a virtual smorgasbord of action figures, video games, comic books, Funko Pops, Dorbz, Anime, Godzilla, MOTU, G.I.Joe, Star Wars and even some vintage tin toys and Christmas ornaments.  I am a long time collector myself with a rather extensive collection mostly in storage due to a lack of room, so nowadays I really only go to look at current prices and not necessarily to buy.  Nonetheless, if there had been an ATM on site, I might actually have made a few purchases, but alas, there wasn't so I went home empty handed much to the liking of my wife.
    In addition to the vendors, there were also vintage video consoles to play, retro stand alone arcade games, an area to drive your RC cars, a matchbox ramp, gamer's tables and more.
     Outside you could take pictures with KITT from Knight Rider or grab a bite of decadence from the food truck.  All in all, I gotta say it looked like fun for the whole family and the turnout was good as the parking lot was overflowing and people were coming and going throughout the time I was there.  Throw in an hourly raffle for door prizes and it was a win!
    The only thing I felt was missing were autograph/phot opportunities with celebrities and an onsite ATM, but it was called "ToyCon" not "Comic Con."  Hope you enjoyed this quick review.
Cheers!
Drakov






No comments:

Post a Comment