Blog Archive

Armed and Dangerous Book 1 and 2 "Links to all chapters"

Below you will find chronological links to all 17 Chapters of "Armed and Dangerous," A G.I.Joe Origins Story.  At the bottom of th...

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Sorry Folks Been Writing Book 2

Hello everyone,
     Sorry for the lack of posts the past few days.  I have been very busy writing and editing my upcoming G.I.Joe novel to continue the "Armed and Dangerous"series.  I am currently at the 200 page mark and roughly 41k words. As some of you may be aware, I spend quite a bit of time contributing to the G.I.Joe/Cobra mythos.  My previous novel introduced a new Joe character named Armed and Dangerous.  In reality they are two characters as Armed is a Marine recruit and Dangerous is his cheetah ally.  My first book was a fun trip into creating voices for many characters from the late 80s Joe line that were previously underdeveloped.  This included a lot of the characters that fans love to hate like: Raptor, Croc Master, Big Boa and Crystal Ball.
      My current novel is a bit more serious diving into some genuine current real world issues.  Such as what you might ask? Book two's main focus is on the opioid/heroin epidemic taking place in the U.S. today.  I have resurrected the DEF (Drug Elimination Force) from the 1990s GIJoe line and added a present day twist.  armed and dangerous are set to take the stage here as well, but you'll have to wait for the book to see how.
      The novel takes place in parts of New Jersey like Irvington and Newark. (Some great places to visit, but you wouldn't want to live there) It spills out into parts of Connecticut, Arizona and as of now is taking the reader as far west as Sydney, Australia.  I have been having a blast referencing everything from the sexual harassment allegations going on today, to the North Korean ICBM crisis.  Nothing is off limits.
     Cobra's Cesspool will introduce old and new fans to many Joe and Cobra characters on the active roster as well as some brand new characters created from the depths of my imagination.  Keep checking back here for updates and exerpts.
Hope to hear you in the comments section.
Until then, Cheers!

Drakov

No comments:

Post a Comment