Blog Archive

Armed and Dangerous Book 1 and 2 "Links to all chapters"

Below you will find chronological links to all 17 Chapters of "Armed and Dangerous," A G.I.Joe Origins Story.  At the bottom of th...

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

New chapter excerpt ROUGH DRAFT

A recent color advertisement from Macy's has given me some writing inspiration.  The advertisement depicts a man dressed in a shiny, red two-piece suit.  Something that I could envision the Headman wearing on a daily basis.  Flashy, gaudy, yet still stylish, I have him dressed up in this ensemble in my latest chapter.  Below is a ROUGH DRAFT
excerpt from "Cobra's Cesspool."  Enjoy!
 Here is the picture that inspired.



“Well good day to you Ms. Alvarez.  I’m here to see my good friend Vincent.  He should be expecting me.”  He smiled widely and tipped his hat at her.  The secretary was not as easily charmed as her younger counterpart working the front desk.  She eyed him curiously, taking in his whole elaborate ensemble.  The man was dressed in a shiny red suit, something Santa would wear if he were a couple hundred pounds lighter.  Under the suit jacket, he wore a silver shirt with a black satin tie.  Atop his head was a white fedora  with a matching red hat band.  While on his feet he wore what appeared to be white snakeskin loafers.   The outfit was so ridiculously gaudy, yet it worked.
“Charles I assume?  That really is quite an outfit you got going on there.” Her voice suggested a slight bit of  sarcasm.
“Do you like it? I figured with the holidays fast approaching, I might give it a test run. I had it custom made by my tailor.  What do you think honestly. Is it too much?” He spun around in front of her once to give her a 360 degree view, then smiled while eagerly awaiting her response.  The middle aged secretary couldn’t tell if he had been offended or flattered by her question.
“No, no I think it quite suits you.  It brings out the color of your eyes.” She lied of course and managed to smile back at the outrageously dressed man. “Daniella said you knew the doctor from the university?  I know most of Vincent’s colleagues, what program were you in?” Thinking she may have tripped him up and caught him in a lie, the extravagant man smiled again seeming completely unphased by her line of questioning.
“Vincent and I had some overlapping classes in our majors. While he went for a more traditional medical program, I focused more on the whole pharmaceuticals aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment