Blog Archive

Armed and Dangerous Book 1 and 2 "Links to all chapters"

Below you will find chronological links to all 17 Chapters of "Armed and Dangerous," A G.I.Joe Origins Story.  At the bottom of th...

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Welcome 2018! The penguins have left!

Happy New Year Everyone!

     I am happy to be back on the east coast once more, but do sorely miss the 80 degree weather of Hermosa Cove , St. Ann Parish, Jamaica.  I came home to find 19 degree weather, a layer of snow on my car, and a rotted shower drain pipe at my rental property.  Fun, fun, fun! but in reality-- "What can you do? It's life as usual."
    What i do feel I can complain a little bit about is showing up to work this morning to find that the school building i work in is as cold inside as the weather outside.  My classroom has been a balmy 44 degrees and NOT rising since 7:45 a.m.  we have spent the better part of the day seeking warmer areas of the school building in which to simply babysit our students. 
     We are currently in the upper tier of the auditorium, AKA the balcony.  It is fifth period and I have yet to have an actual class period of instruction much to my chagrin, but to the delight of my students who have been on Facetime and Instagram all day now. Such a waste.
     Happy New Year everyone, here's hoping your first day back is better than mine.

I left a note on my classroom door that reads as follows: (see pic)

"It's cold in here and even the penguins left."



No comments:

Post a Comment