Blog Archive

Armed and Dangerous Book 1 and 2 "Links to all chapters"

Below you will find chronological links to all 17 Chapters of "Armed and Dangerous," A G.I.Joe Origins Story.  At the bottom of th...

Friday, January 18, 2019

The history of "the End of Realms."

        I understand that most of my readers associate me with G.I.Joe, but I am also a fantasy writer who is an avid admirer of authors like Tolkien, Salvatore, Cunningham, Gygax, King, and Greenberg (to name a few).  I started writing the above book at the age of seventeen while working nights as a gas station attendant in Glen Rock, NJ.  The original hand-written manuscript is a total of thirty-seven pages and still in my possession after all these years.  I did an initial edit of the piece about four years later and typed it up on my computer at the time, save it to at least three floppy discs, and forgot about it.  I revisited it about two years ago and it has grown into a two-hundred and fifty-page novel and roughly 50,000 words.
      I have created at least five new noteworthy characters and feel that I have further developed the main characters to a point where they are no longer just fictitious people, but ones I feel others can connect to on other levels.
      This has been a labor of love for me as I would really like to have this published the traditional route by someone who markets fantasy books similar to the Forgotten Realms.  I will be spending the next month or so editing it chapter by chapter in an attempt to further polish and improve it. I am currently revising chapter four.  The prologue and chapter one have been posted for review and comment if anyone would like to share their thoughts. first impressions would be greatly appreciated.

     SynopsisWhen Jeff Larson landed a dream date with the most desirable girl in his high school class, he could never have imagined that his date would end in him being transported into another world. One where an evil blue-eyed beast has been awakened and forming an army of magical creatures hell-bent on complete domination over all the realms.  In the midst of the chaos, Jeff's link to an ancient line of heroic paladins known as the Golden Lancers will be revealed, and with the help of the wizard/warrior dwarf, Mamatar, and some other newly found friends, be called upon to be their champion.

Cheers!
Drakov

No comments:

Post a Comment