Blog Archive

Armed and Dangerous Book 1 and 2 "Links to all chapters"

Below you will find chronological links to all 17 Chapters of "Armed and Dangerous," A G.I.Joe Origins Story.  At the bottom of th...

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

What's an author to do?

     So, by now I'm sure most people are aware that Amazon shut down the KindleWorlds website. With the termination of this service, countless literary works based in the various worlds offered, have been permanently lost to the online community of readers.  The rights have been reverted back to the original authors, but since most of what was contained here is technically fan-fiction, authors cannot publish these works without the written consent of the property license owners.  So, what to do?
     I am no longer allowed to sell my G.I.Joe titles to the public, but I can post them in forums, chat groups, or on my own personal web page for free. I could post a chapter a week or a day until the entire books are out. The other option is, I can wait and see if anyone else extends the literary rights for the property to authors, which I really don't see happening any time soon.  My final option is to let them go, and turn all my creative energy towards sci-fi and fantasy writing.
    What would you all like to see me do?
Cheers!

Drakov

No comments:

Post a Comment