Blog Archive

Armed and Dangerous Book 1 and 2 "Links to all chapters"

Below you will find chronological links to all 17 Chapters of "Armed and Dangerous," A G.I.Joe Origins Story.  At the bottom of th...

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Armed and Dangerous Series

Hello all,
     It has been a week since the release of book two, "Enter the Headhunters," and initial sales have been good.  Thank you to everyone who has supported the series, and welcomes to everyone who recently discovered it, and bought both books. 
     I was hoping to initiate a little conversation, and get some opinions from those of you who have read either book.  NO SPOILERS PLEASE! for others who may not have finished both books yet.  Here's what I am hoping to get:

  • I really like the character of "insert name here."
  • The topic covered really hit home.
  • This made me laugh.
  • I was really hoping for this...
  • Ideas for book three.
As always thanks for your continued support and I hope to hear from all of soon.
Yo Joe!

Cheers!

Drakov

6 comments:

  1. OK Hi! I guess I'll start. I picked up the book with a little trepidation, (not much of an ebook reader, I prefer paper) but I was pleasantly surprised. I really felt like I had an insight into the mind of the main character and was able to connect with some of his recollections of the past. The fact that you threw in some of Cobra's biggest oddballs really made this a lot of fun. The fight scenes were well choreographed. I have only read the preview for book two, but have found it to be a bit more mature in terms of topics and characters. (Alzheimers and opioid addiction are two real world concerns.
    Thanks for making these available and i look forward to the conversation.
    ron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your critique. I am glad that you are enjoying the series and can connect with the characters Ron. I have tried to really give the readers a new perspective on some characters that Sunbow, DIC and the comics only scratched the surface of.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed the series and the thought of GIJOE tackling the opioid epidemic is awesome. Who knew the Headman had so many layers as a character?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Writing the Headman was a fun experience. I wanted to make him into someone more than the annoying character that most people watched in the later Joe cartoons created by DIC. I also wanted to give him a believable backstory and make him a person not just a drug kingpin

      Delete
  3. One of the things I really liked about the original Joe cartoon was the way many characters had companion animals. Mutt had Junkyard, Law had order, even Cobra had pets. Kinski does a wonderful job at personifying the animals included in his stories. One of my favorite scenes was Polly interrupting and outstaging Shipwreck during his DEF interview.
    Classic!

    A Joe fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe fan. I too was/am a huge fan of the Joe companions. Polly was always fun in the Sunbow cartoon and I wanted that to also show through in the second book. I hope others won't find him too too annoying.

      Delete