Blog Archive

Armed and Dangerous Book 1 and 2 "Links to all chapters"

Below you will find chronological links to all 17 Chapters of "Armed and Dangerous," A G.I.Joe Origins Story.  At the bottom of th...

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Top Five Reasons Why United Airlines Sucks

     I have been flying around the globe since I was a youngster.  I have been many places including London, Budapest, Jamaica, the Bahamas and at least twenty of the fifty continental United States and Hawaii.  Over the course of my travels, I have flown with anyone from Evergreen to Pan Am, Continental, Delta, United and Jet Blue.  I currently live in the tri-state area and commonly use Newark Liberty International for my flights, which just so happens to be United's hub. Over the past five years, I have been pretty much forced to fly United when I wish to travel, but in all honesty, "They Suck!"  and if you haven't flown United Airlines, I'm going to tell you why you shouldn't.

1. Schedule Changes: I am on top of vacation and business travel reservations.  Many times, I book my flight six months to a year in advance.  In the past five years, the representatives at United Airlines have changed my scheduled departure and arrival nine out of my last ten flights. To make it worse it's never earlier, and almost always later.  My most recent complaint affects my upcoming trip to Chattanooga in June.  I picked from one of only two flights offered in September.  I chose the evening flight (7p.m.) so I could arrive with enough time to make it to a trade show.  I received notice that my flight was rescheduled to two hours later just this week! Now, I will not be able to make it to my desired location at an acceptable time. Unreal!  Once they changed the entire day of my flight wanting me leave the day after I needed to be somewhere.  I mean seriously United...."You Suck!"

2. Flight Delays: If changing flight times isn't enough to deter you, add in unscheduled delays.  Anywhere from thirty minutes to two hours seems to be the norm with United Airlines and quite frankly is not acceptable.  I can understand weather delays, wind, rain, but many times it has to do with none of these and well United...."You Suck!"

3. Seat Size and Leg Room:  I'm six feet tall and 200 pounds, I am by no means obese, but the seats on the typical United 747 will make you feel oversized.  Not to mention, lack of reclining and lumbar support.  I refuse to fly anywhere on United that is more than five hours away, because the lack of comfort isn't worth the price tag.  Not to mention, if you want added leg room, you can purchase non reclining seats in the emergency exit row for 75-100 dollars more.  Pay more for less.  I don't think so and that is why United..."You Suck! Once again."

4. Cleanliness:  Still reading?  Here is reason number four.  United Airlines jets are down right dirty.  The delays and schedule changes apparently equate to lack of time for the flight staff to clean the cockpit.  Garbage on the floor, in the seat backs, and even in the overhead compartment bins leave little to brag about, and just another reason to say United..."You Suck!"

5. Lack of Customer Service:  Since United Airlines pretty much has a monopoly at Newark Liberty International Airport, they do very little to keep their guests happy.  Questions and complaints usually fall on deaf ears and if you don't like their service they really don't care.  call the 800 number and chances are you will talk to one of their outsourced employees who in many cases are difficult to understand.  At the airport itself, add in a "state of the art" terminal where everything, even the bar, is automated with iPads and lack of service personnel, and I really can't find any good reason to continue using them. Other than the fact that they are the primary airline servicing my region, they leave little to applaud.  So once more I will say it United...."You Suck!"

     So, if you are in the market for an airline that regularly changes your flight times, runs late, lacks comfort, is dirty, and doesn't care about your opinions.  By all means fly United Airlines, but don't say you haven't been warned.  United Airlines..."You Suck!"

Cheers!
Drakov

No comments:

Post a Comment